Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Book Club  

Posted

We just finished our third book, by far the most entertaining. It was called My heart may be broken, But my hair still looks great by Dixie Cash. The book was based in Texas and was a very easy read. My complaint was that it seemed to be too front end loaded, we spent alot of time building up the story only for the ending to come to quickly. Oh well.

This month we are reading A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley. I read this book many years ago and don't really remember anything about it. It is a the winner of a Pulitzer Prize so it must be good. My brother says it is based on King Lear. It is about a father dividing up his farm between his three daughters.

This entry was posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment