Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Living on Post  

Posted

I have a friend that just bought a house off post in Texas, we were talking yesterday about how we missed living on post where all the people were. She lives in a new community, but what they didn't realize before building was that there are not alot of little kids where they live. On post or at least the past 3 or 4 where we have lived there are kids everywhere. Which means on any given day your kids can go outside and find someone to play with that lives only a few houses away. And now that most posts are harder to get on unless you have an ID they seem just a little safer, (granted not all people in the military are saints) but for the most part you know your neighbors and you can feel safe with your kids outside playing.

In Leavenworth we would all gather after the bus left in the morning and again right before the bus came in the afternoon. It was fun to hear what drama had unfolded during the night and of course hear about peoples day. And of course a few times the margaritas started flowing after the kids were home.

I could go for days without talking to anyone other than my family here where we live now. On post people would think I was sick. The kids haven't really met anyone to play with. Who knows where all their friends from school live.

I am a very social person and love hanging out with the girls. That is why I want to be on post during the deployment. I don't want to go for days without talking to another adult. I want there to be another single mother next door to me that understands why I am having a rough day and brings wine and chocolate over.

So keep praying that someone in a new 4 bedroom house will move to some other exotic location and I will get a house on post before Terry leaves.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment