Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

I give up  

Posted

So much crap has happened in the past 3 months that I finally have to throw up my hands and say "I give up." If you haven't read my earlier blog about housing here is a brief summary. When we got back from NM after attending my nephews funeral, we found out we had been bumped on the housing list. After visiting with the housing welcome center we found out that housing had sent out a letter to all the people living in old houses that have not been renovated telling them if you will pay to move yourselves we will put you to a priority 2 (normally moving from one house to another on post is priority 4)on the housing list. After a phone call to the Associate Director of Property Management asking them to review it I was told sorry we have to do that in order to get all the houses on post renovated. We have Garrison Command to do it. We are now #5 on the list for a new house (when we got on the list in Dec we were #3). One person is on lease hold so we will be offered the 4th houses that becomes available. Are you asking if 1 or 2 places really makes a difference, well yes when you are talking about 4 bedroom homes that are in short supply, yes there is a huge difference, if not enough homes go on notice this summer when do you think any will come open this winter???? I know many of you are wondering why we just don't give up and continue to live off post. Here is one answer we have paid over $1200 in propane and electricity to live off post. I don't even want to know what the commute is costing us at over $3.30 a gallon for gas. So I guess we are here at the money pit in the middle of no where, where my neighbors don't even know I am here for an indefinite amount of time.

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment