Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Another Great Day  

Posted

I just knew Spring would be wonderful around here. We had another beautiful day. Terry and I did some shopping looking at Lowe's for a lawnmower that I can actually use (well Dylan and I). We found one we liked, but it isn't cheap. I just want one I can start and can get around the yard. We ate lunch at a little Mexican restaurant that doesn't even have a sign, just "Mexican Restaurant" painted on the front window. It wasn't too bad.

After lunch we went back on post and decided to take a walk on one of the many trails on Fort Drum. In case you don't know Fort Drum is heavily wooded with lots of streams and ponds. We went to the recreation area and looked around but I wasn't sure we were going to find a place to walk. Finally Terry spied a beaver pond and off we went. We ended up on a very good trail (in many places it still had snow on it) and went for a lovely walk, of course we cut it to close to the time when we were suppose to pick Jason up from school and had to hurry back. Really great when you have short legs and your hubby has long legs. I am very tired tonight and I have no doubt I will be very sore in the am.

It was a beautiful walk and I have to believe that this is what the Army wanted when they give soldiers time off before a deployment. We are spending quality time together and getting things done that need to be done.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Sounds a lot like our week! The Remington Park trail starts right by our house if you ever want to walk...

Post a Comment