Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

One of my frustrations  

Posted

We made our first ever claim with the government this move. The movers smashed the cornor of my table,it will have to be replaced. I didn't think I had the receipt and I told them the wrong amount for the table and chairs. They ask for a comparable value online, in my haste to get it done and with all the confusion with Terry leaving I sent the wrong one. When I called and asked the amount and found it somewhat lower than what I was expecting I complained. I called back three times to talk to the lady and she wasn't happy, in fact by the end she was rude.
I decided that day to check the one box in the basement that said paperwork, just hoping I had the receipts from 2002. After digging I did find the envelop that said 2002 receipts, and inside there it was. I realized I was very wrong on what we paid. I got the woman's email and sent her that and a picture of my table to show her it wasn't the one she was thinking. I sent it Monday and on Thursday I emailed her asking if she had gotten it. She wrote back and said something to the effect that I sent something in, they paid it, if it is wrong it is my fault. So I fired off another email saying all I wanted is what I paid for it. I get an email from her boss that they can't give more than what was originally claimed or they can get in trouble and get fined.
I send another email saying how unhappy I am with their company and how I think they no my table is worth more, but are capitalizing on my mistake and how that says so much about their company and employees. I also ended with that I would tell everyone including my transportation office how they handled my claim, and that I would be sure to write a letter to their customer service office about their rude employees.

A little later I get an email back saying they will review my claim on Monday.

Point of the story. I made a mistake, take your time with claims, but also be forceful, don't just give up when someone says no. I don't know if I will get anything more back, but I made my point.

This entry was posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment