Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Change in plans  

Posted

Because life would be boring if we didn't change our plans every once in a while, there is a change in plans.

Terry is coming home in August to join another unit (3rd Brigade) to redeploy to Iraq some time in Decmember. General Oates signed off on it today. He is going to try to join us in NM on our little vacation there and drive back with us.

I haven't told my kids yet and might not till we get to NM just to make sure it is really going to happen. I don't want them getting their hopes up.

This entry was posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

Kellee, that is AWESOME..I think. Is it a better job or brigade? Is he happy about it?

Melanie,

I don't know for sure what job he is getting yet, but it gets him closer to the S-3 or XO job down at a Battalion. The Colonel he will be working with was Shannon Nielson's boss at the 82nd. They loved him. He is thrilled. I am weary of getting used to having him here and then him leaving again.

That will be sooo hard to have to say goodby again, but at least he will be home for a few months and maybe you might get Christmas too.

Hey Julia just got here today....she is happy for you too, but agrees that say by again would be hard. Keep us posted.

I'm still waiting to find out what happens with Fred. I'm still praying it's December when he's home. Hopefully, we should find something out today.

Kellee - that will be great for you to have him home again for a little while. I am pretty sure that brigade is going to be with some of the guys from here (not Kev's brigade though). We are looking at Jan-Feb timeline. When are you going to NM? Hope you have a great trip. I love the pictures from Iraq - they are always nice to see. Thinking of you!

Post a Comment