Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Housing update  

Posted

I hate to even put this on here in fear that it will jinx us. Last Monday a K&E came on the list, which would have put us 3rd to be offered a house with two homes on notice. Housing says they didn't expect him till August. Tuesday I get an email from Housing asking me to call. When I finally talked to her she said that Garrison Command had taken away the K&E status for a few months of the person that came on the list early, which puts him behind us on the list. That puts us 2nd to be offered a house with two houses on notice.

It is funny how this all works out. The way houses are offered here is the first person on the list is offered the first house to vacate. The house I want in the right school district vacates at the end of July. When it came on notice I was 1st to be offered a house, but we knew at least one more K&E was expected in July. We also knew that a house in the other neighborhood was going to go on notice we just didn't know when.

During the time when housing wasn't returning my emails and phone calls, the house in the other neighborhood came on notice with a move out date in mid July, which means the 1st person on the list (the expected K&E) will be offered that house leaving us to be offered the house in the right school district.

So keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer that all goes according to plan and on July 24th we get offered a house.

This entry was posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I will trade you my house for yours...

Sorry I am holding out for a big one. But you can have my little house on the farm if you want it.

Woo Hoo. Good luck...no jinx's. We decided to take the house on post so we will be moving too.

Post a Comment