Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Kirk's Birthday  

Posted

Yesterday would have been Kirk's 23rd birthday. We celebrated the day by going to Mass in Clayton and then out to eat with lots of family. It is tough being here knowing he isn't going to just show up and torture the kids, and not hearing his voice say "What's up Dawg" to my dad his Granddad.

Kirk was born the summer after I graduated from high school. I hadn't left for college yet. My parents went to Amarillo to be there for the birth. I stayed home with some relatives (Jimmy and Kathrine Watts) who were here visiting. We were in the house when we heard this awful noise outside on the porch. We look out the window to see a rattle snake coiled up on the porch and a kitten wondering around. I ran out and grab the kitten and since I didn't think i could kill it and the relatives were too old we called my then brother in law who lived about 10 miles away and he came and shot it on the porch with a shot gun. That is what I remember about the day.

Here are some photos of the gathering last night and of Kirk's headstone.






This entry was posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Glad you guys are enjoying some time with family despite the hurt of Kirk being gone. That first visit after my mom died was the hardest... See you when you get back!

Post a Comment