Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

We're back  

Posted

Friday was filled with fun, on our way to Albuquerque, we stopped by to see Terry's family. After a quick visit with his Dad and step mom we headed to the fair grounds where the local county fair was underway. Back in the old days when I was in school this was a big deal. I was a little surprised by how small it has become. While there Terry's brother and sister in law came by and we checked out the animals with them (that was quick) and then went to their house to enjoy some ice cream and let the kids play.
They have a beagle/basset cross dog named Rowdy. He is shedding and so they brought out the FURminator brush. A friend had told me about this tool here in NY, but I wasn't sold on a $50.00 brush. So while sitting on the porch I brushed Rowdy and fell in love with the FURminator. I then used it on one of their cats that lives outside and was in need of a grooming and it worked even better on him. So now I have to have one for my pets... Amazon seems to have them at a good price.

After a 4 hour drive we arrived in Albuquerque in time for the kids to get a swim in. We left Albuquerque at 6:20am Saturday and with a layover in Atlanta we were expecting to get to Hartford CT at a little before 4:00pm. Our good luck ran out in Atlanta as we were taxing out to the runway and the pilot came on the speaker and said there was a problem with the plane and we had to go back to a gate. This was at 1:15pm. They found the problem quickly but fixing it would take an hour. After an hour they told us they couldn't find the part to fix it. After another hour they told us they didn't have the part at all and they couldn't get another plane, 30 minutes later they had us getting our stuff off the plane and yes they did get another plane. After getting us boarded we all sat there for a while and the flight attendant came on saying they were waiting for catering and they didn't know what the holdup was. After several shouts from the passengers to forget catering we left. I think we left some time after 4:30pm or closer to 5:00pm. We arrived in CT at a little before 7 and by the time we got luggage and car it was close to 8:00pm. We still had a 5 hour drive in front of us. We found a Carrabas, ate and then headed out arriving to our house right at 1:00am.

This entry was posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

That's the kind of trip I have everytime I head to my hometown in Michigan - although it is usually a weather problem - winter or summer. Glad you made it home. My vet just told me about the FURminator - I have to go get one for Nala - her shedding is horrible!

Post a Comment