Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Life for us  

Posted

Life continues for us with a ton of snow on the ground and a new foot or so every weekend or so it seems to be for the past few weeks. Even though everyone is so so done with it we also realize we have a good two full more months of this weather.

Today when I went out to add wood to the wood furnace outside I realized it was shut off. Not sure what went wrong... but since I only have a few weeks worth of wood left, I don't think I will pay to have it fixed, since I am not sure if I will be reimbursed. So that puts us on propane for the next two months (or however long we still live here). I called the propane company today to get a delivery and she said there is a propane shortage...are you kidding me.....I will get enough to last a month or so, which is fine with me...but propane shortage...how does that happen?

Talked to housing today and they are still estimating end of April before new homes will be done and people assigned to them. Since I have no idea how long it takes to build a new home in upstate NY...I have to believe them. Some of them have the paper wrapping and windows in... I didn't get by this weekend to get pictures due to the snow so maybe next week I will get a new picture up of the progress. I have to give those construction guys credit...they are still framing a bunch and if you have been watching our weather we have had very few days above 20 degrees...glad I don't do that for a living.

Dylan has decided he wants a Leopard Gecko.

I figure it is a harmless enough pet so this week when he is getting out of school early for the next three days we will go check one out at Petco.

Terry is doing well. They are at their final home for the next year. The living conditions are much better than we anticipated. He is still fighting a cold that he has had since arriving in Afghanistan. Here are some photos of him there and a lovely sunset.



He is making new friends, some artillery folks from France last week. We (he) have been so lucky in our many years in the Army of meeting so many soldiers from around the world, and like most of the American soldiers we have had the privilege to serve with they too are the best their country has to offer.

So with a month under our belts the kids and I are doing well and staying positive for the most part. We all have our "poor me" moments but they pass and we move on to the next thing.

This entry was posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Terry looks great! We think of you all so often! Miss you and wish we could all be together again! Send some snow our way, please!!!!

Post a Comment