Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Weather  

Posted

I think we might have hit 32 degrees over the weekend...tomorrow and Thursday will only be in the teens. Then on the weekend we might actually hit 40...I am thinking an outdoor party might be in store for us.

I talked to my brother in New York City, and my mom and other brother in New Mexico yesterday. My brother in the City asked if we had a warm up...I said yes we made it above freezing...he laughs and says well I think we hit 50 yesterday..well isn't that nice for you.

Then I talked to my Mom....she says oh it was a lovely pleasant day...well isn't that nice for you.

Last night my brother in NM called again mentioning what a nice day they had...well isn't that nice for you.

That is why I miss the Southwest....on Thursday they will get to 68 degrees...68 degrees...please what I wouldn't give for that right about now. (Although as I told my brother any warm up is going to melt the snow and if it happens too quickly my basement will flood again)

Really I don't really mind the snow and cold...yea it gets old..but I can deal with it. I could really deal with it if Terry were here...and I think...just maybe if I was on post and didn't have to worry about heat, water, and commute and all that stuff that I could do even better by myself...
A friend and I were talking about this the other day and we decided we all needed an award for surviving a Fort Drum winter with a deployed spouse. Let's face it Deployments are tough...add on 146 inches of snow, heat that doesn't work, using a wood stove, that you have to fill at 6:00am 2:00pm and 10:00pm, no matter how cold it is, or how hard it is snowing, raining or blowing. Think about how it sucks to shovel snow...well here you might have 3 or 4 kids in the house and you are shoveling a foot snow...then the next day you have to shovel 6 inches of snow, and the next day you shovel 9 inches of snow. And here at the farm I have all kinds of room for my snow...but on post...in the housing areas the snow is 4 and 5 feet high in places due to no place to put all that snow. These pictures are from a friends house that lives on post...

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment