Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Iraq  

Posted

I always get a kick out of hearing the Presidental canidates debate and give interviews. They try so hard to tell the people just what they want to hear. Last night Bill Richardson (governer of NM my homestate) said he was going to get the troops out and he was going to do it in a year. WOW!!! Wonder if anyone will be upset at the numbers of troops that are killed during this quick withdraw. Is that what the American public wnats? Do they want the troops out yesterday no matter how many get killed in the process because we are not watching our backside?

Last night a mother of a marine and the marine were in the audiance and (He looked about 20 and was already out of the Marines and in the active reserve). And they were asking a question about how these candiates were going to keep us out of war with Iran. So of course as the canidates are answering, first they have to say to the marine how proud they were of him and what he was doing for his country. Bah Bah Bah, yea yea yea... Sounds really good, but they have no idea what it is like to be facing a deployment or telling their children that their parent is going to be gone for the next 15 months, they have absolutly no freakin idea what is is like to move to upstate NY during the winter right before Christmas, not knowing where you are going to live when you get there.

Shall I go on... I have no faith in polititions. I believe they are in it for the power and very few really give a crap about you and me and the millions of other people that have to work to put food on the table.

One woman asked why a private contracter could go to Iraq and do the same job as her military son and the contracter makes $100,000 and the military person makes $30,0000. Wow that's really fair....

Okay I'm done. I am going to go get my camera and put pictures of happy things on my blog so I can quit thinking about the unhappy things.

This entry was posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment