Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

School  

Posted

Today the boys and I went to register them in their new schools. I was lucky as you were suppose to make an appointment, but I got there early enough that I was able to walk in. It was painless, but filling out the paperwork always takes time.

We then went to Dylan's new "Middle School" where he will go from 7:23am to about 3:00pm. He will get on a bus in front of our house at 7:00am. For the next 7 days I have appointed Terry to get him there by 7:20am. It will be a big change for him changing classes and all but I think he is up to the challenge. He finishes school at 2:15 but they can stay and get help or study or do clubs and stuff. There is a bus at 2:15 and again at 3:00.

We left Dylan at the school to take a reading test and Tyler, Jason and I went to Tyler's school just down the road. We met his teacher and found out that the people we are renting the house from had a daughter in the same class as which Tyler will be in. The people in the office recognized the address. One of the teachers must live nearby on the same road. Tyler's teacher seems very nice and it looks like a fun class. Tyler gets to school around 8:45am and is done at 3:20pm.

So bright and early Thursday morning Dylan and Terry will be off to his first day at a middle school and Tyler, Jason and I will still be sleeping as we don't have to be anywhere till 8:45am.

Did I mention they get breakfast free and lunch is only $1.50. I was paying $2.50 (I think) in California for food they warmed in a Microwave.

So normal life begins again. Or as normal as we can make it again. Can't wait to hear about all their new friends. They certainly do miss their friends from Monterey and Leavenworth.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment