Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Things will get better  

Posted

During this whole move and all the problems we have faced, my Mom always says "We'll this will be the worse, it can only get better." This week I gave up on believing her. Along with the water and heat problems I manage to loose my one set of keys to the Tahoe. Ha Ha Call Chevrolet let them get you some new ones, no problem. I called one of the local dealers and found out they are damn expensive to replace but oh well gotta have them. Dylan and I loaded up and headed there to get some keys. When I get there (it is an easy 20 miles) the girl spends all this time looking up the part number (it's keys already). Then she says "you don't have a key at all that starts it?" Well no, that's why I am here. Well you will have to have your vehicle towed here so we can hook it up to a computer get the key to work. ( you know they all have a computer chip in them now) My mouth drops open and I say something to the effect of when I called this morning no one said anything about that. Well I didn't talk to her. No I certainly didn't. They of course couldn't do it till late this week. I go to my car and just about cry. I can't even talk I am so mad. I found out on the way home that USAA will pay for the towing, part of my Roadside assistance.
I then call another dealer to see when they can get it in. (This all happened Monday) The next dealer could do it the next day. It gets towed to the dealer Tuesday morning and by 5:00pm for some reason they hadn't gotten it done and everyone was gone so it would have to wait till Wednesday, but if we wanted to come pick up a loaner we could. What they failed to mention was that it had snowed a foot there and the roads were terrible. After the plumbers left the house the first day at 7:00pm after giving up on the in the house pump we drove to get the loaner. It was some of the worse roads and worse snow fall that I have ever been in and Terry was driving a Chevy Malibu. And of course wouldn't you know that I didn't even need a vehicle today because of the kids not having school and the plumbers being here all day.

On a good note the keys work for the Tahoe and my neighbor that I have only met for a second came and plowed my drive way. (After Terry took 15 minutes trying to get the Chevy Malibu thru the snow in the driveway to the road)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment