Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Water  

Posted

I woke up to heavy snow and when I walked the dog at 6:00 (we have no fenced yard so we still have to walk the dog)I discovered that the snow went above my fancy snow boots (just a little under my knee). That's alot of snow. I also watch TV to see the school go from a two hour delay to cancelled. Yea!!! Why am I saying yea? I have no water and three kids at home.
The plumbers came around 9:30. The back hoe arrived shortly later and began digging up a nice trench about 300 feet from the well to the house. When we moved in the pump was here in the house pulling the water, from my understanding of the few conversations I have overheard pumps work better when pushing not pulling. So they talked the home owner into submersing the pump in the well and then pushing it to the house. By about 3:30 I was turning on faucets seeing clear water for the first time since we moved in. By 4:15 I was in the shower for one of the best showers I have ever had, but most certainly the best since moving in this house. The washing machine hasn't stopped yet.
Thank goodness for indoor plumbing that works.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment