Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Perspective  

Posted

Nothing like a death of a loved one to make you reevaluate your life. Yesterday was a tough day. I just felt very tired of the Army. We are in a place I would never choose to live, I am tired of making friends only for them to become long distant friends, I am tired of my kids changing schools, Dylan has attened 6 in the past 6.5 years, Tyler 3 in the past 1.5 years. More than anything it has taken us away from family. My kids so wanted to spend Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's but we thought there was a ever so slight chance we might get into housing so we hurried here. Hindsight being 20/20 it was a very bad choice.
Terry only has a little over 3 years till "20" but I am assuming it will be more like at least 6.

This entry was posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Hey Kellee:

It sounds like life is pretty busy for you right now,. I was watching the weather channel and saw that you had more snow this past week. Are you enjoying the NY climate??

I agree with you on being tired of Army life. We have been in 13 years and never had our orders changed. It happened last week. We are now heading to Fort Carson. I was so upset because I was thrilled to be moving to Germany. I know that you both loved Carson and have fond memories of your tour there. I will try to get motivated and change my attitude toward this move!!! Also, Tim told me that he will probably have to go to IRaq again in September. WE have about 6-7 more years left and I can't wait.

Sorry to hear about your godson. God Bless you in your time of sorrow.

Love Bert

Bert,

I am thrilled you are going to Carson, wish I could go with you. I know it isn't Germany, but I am sure you guys will love it. Sorry to hear about Tim deploying again. I don't know how you do it...I wish I had your strength.

Post a Comment