Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Housing  

Posted

Don't go to housing when you are having a bad week. No news is better than bad news. Went to chat with housing today. We have been bumped to #4. I guess housing is getting nervous about renovating all the older houses so they sent out a letter saying hey we will put you at the top of the list for a new house if you will move yourself into it. So I have no idea how many of these people might decide to move bumping us even further.

The other wonderful bonus of waiting off post for a new house is that they will only give us a week to two weeks notice that a house is available. I have to give my landlord a months notice. So in the end I will pay double rent for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Great!!!!

So I guess my greed in wanting a bigger house is kicking me in the butt about now. We were careless in not asking questions about who could bump us. We thought 3rd on the list looked pretty good. The Army certainly isn't persuading me to encourage my spouse to stay in past 20 years.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

okay, I'm completely confused? I thought you guys were "frozen" if you were in the top 5? I also thought if they moved you from one type of house on post to another type of house on post that was a different catagory, right? (I don't care if they're renovating. I'm pretty sure we asked that question and were told they weren't going to renovate those houses for a very long time.) Seems like they are making up rules as they go along and that is certainly, not fair. They have regs they have to abide by so they can't just change it after the fact.

Do you really even have to ask all these questions? Shouldn't they offer this information so you're not lying awake in bed at night trying to figure out the fastest way to get a house. UGGGG! It's like going back to square one!

The really wonderful news is that we could be bumped by any number of people. She couldn't tell me how many people that were sent letters were in the FGO old housing.

So will give you the option of moving in if you move yourself from off post? We will so help if that's the case! Seems like they would want the money from moving people off post first. They're already guaranteed my money in a crappy house that they won't be able to fill pretty soon so what's the rush in moving people over. AAAAGGGGH! Too many different answers!

Post a Comment