Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Good news (I think)  

Posted

Finally some good news about housing. We moved up to 4th on the list. The person right ahead of us is gone. Don't know what the story is but he is no longer on the list. First person on the list is on some sort of lease hold, I have no idea how long he is on hold, but he can't take a house at the moment. #2 is our friends from KS and then #3 is someone moving from house to house on post.

I decided if we were going to wait for housing on post that I was going to choose which housing area to live in, actually it is more choosing what school the kids will go to. If I pick A6 they will attend the same schools that they are attending now. So I let housing know that I only wanted a new 4 bedroom in A6. One of the people in front of us will take a new house in either area, the other person wants one in A7. Right now we believe that two houses in A7 will open up around the first part of May. Hopefully that will take care of the two people in front of us. The good news is that puts us as the first person to be offered a house in A6.
All this could change if someone "key and essential" moves to Ft. Drum. They will automatically go first on the list. Key and essential is usually Commanders and the likes.

So I am very confident we will get a house on post this summer.

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment