Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Ice  

Posted

We have had a few storms where and it rained then froze. This week it was a bad one. It came Tuesday night and continued thru Wednesday. Terry had chipped some of the ice off my car, but Thursday morning I had to do the rest to get to a 7:00am doctors appointment. It came off fairly easy in large chunk. I left the majority on the hood thinking I would never get it all off and it will eventually melt off. The ice on the hood was a good inch thick. I meant to take a picture when I got home from the doctor, but while I was in the doctor the ice had melted the bottom layer (engine heat silly) and while I was driving down the road the whole sheet lifted up and flew behind me and smashed into a million pieces on the road. This would be a much more interesting story had a car been following me. Honestly it had to be at least 3 x 3. Can you imagine that coming towards you as you are driving. Thank goodness no one was close behind me. Lucky for me my drive way is in the shade, it is a skating rink and I don't know how I haven't fallen yet.

This entry was posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment