Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Thankful for 22 years  

Posted


Today a month after he died, I am thankful for the 22 years we had with Kirk. He was a constant source of entertainment. I am thankful that even though we traveled and lived far away we saw him grow up into a fine young man. I am thankful I saw him as an excellant cowboy, a force on the football field or on the basketball court and good friend. I am sad I missed many things, like the basketball game in Clayton where he played so well, the Ranch Rodeo where he rode a saddle bronc and his last Christmas on earth. I am thankful to have a heart filled with fond memories of Kirk holding all my babies, and sad that he never held his own newborn for the first time. I am thankful that the love of my life was such a roll model for Kirk, I only wish he would have found the love of his life. Today I am thankful for my time with Kirk, all too brief.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment