Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Melting snow leads to....  

Posted

Be careful what you wish for. I was so thrilled when the snow started melting and we could see the ground, even though I knew mud would follow, but that is not all that happens when lots and lots and lots of snow melts. The water table rises, and when the water table rises, basements flood. Yes you know what I am getting at. I walked down to the basement to put some food in our freezer and guess what water everywhere. A good 2 inches or so. Only 2 weeks ago we had worked down there to organize some of the stuff. Thank goodness we did as only about four boxes were sitting in the water. I haven't had the courage to open them.
Of course Terry works in a vault and can't have his cell phone with him and half the time it doesn't work anyway. I didn't have an office number so I started calling around to see if anyone knew how I could leave a message. My wonderful FRG leaders husband was with her and gave me a number to someone that had a desk near Terry and was able to leave him a message.
Thank goodness we have a large shop vac. We were able to vacuum up most if not all of the water.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 .