Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Watching Army Wives  

Posted

I found out that Lifetime was replaying the series Army Wives and since I didn't watch it the first time around I thought I would watch it. I think I have watched 4 shows, and yes I am hooked and yes I cry. I know some people have said that it is too much drama, that that stuff really doesn't happen on Army post. Well I can verify alot of it does, people squabble, MP's get called to housing area's, spouses deploy, spouses get hurt. Just since being here in Drum the MP's had to shot someone in post housing, I have seen soldiers come home hurt, there is drama over housing and we have a unit deploying in a month. We do form friendships with perfect strangers just because our husbands are in the Army. Those strangers become very good friends when we are single parents and having a bad day. So I guess I will watch it when the new season comes out.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

That's funny. I just started catching some here too. I just saw the one where they had to shoot the guy holding Claudia Joy and the guy, I can never remember his name, hostage in the office. I am still waiting to see what happens to the gang from the end of last year.

I actually enjoyed the few episodes I caught... Yeah, some of it's over the top and I've yet to see a real friendship between a Post commander's wife and a white trash bartender (with a heart of gold of course) but I'm sure stranger things have happened. Elements of truth to much of it, but the drama just makes good TV...

I think I've been too spoiled by reality TV to enjoy regular TV dramas. And because I live this life as an Army Wife, I find it hard to relate to many of the story lines.

I do like your opinion of the show. Maybe I'll give it again when Fred leaves.

Post a Comment