Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Babies  

Posted

Animal kind not human. Fort Drum has an abundance of Turkey and Deer. I have seen two fawns, one on post and one off. Very cute. Just the other day, the kids and I passed by some Turkeys and I said "I wonder if there are any babies". Today we passed by one Turkey and she had babies. I had to stop and turn around so that everyone could get a good look. As I stopped they flew off in every which way. Hope Momma turkey can round them all up. Dylan assured me she could. They were pretty big, would love to see some tiny ones. Here are some photos of the Drum turkeys back in April.


This entry was posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Reminds me of Monterey! I loved the turkeys we always had in our yard out there...even made some pictures of them into an "Eat Mor Chick'n" Thanksgiving card one year. Gobble Gobble!

Loved your turkey pictures. I see them every day between Iowa City and West Branch...and Dylan is so right.

I love all the wildlife we see here! We saw baby geese going out the gate a couple of times. So now our list is Turkeys, deer, porcupine, groundhog and there are a bunch of seagulls flying around our house the last few days...

When I went down the street to get my mail the other day, there was a young buck waiting for me. He couldn't take his eyes off me. I was a little scared but he never moved. I guess he lives in the little bit of wood across the street. I need to get a picture of him. He's pretty impressive.

Post a Comment