Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Crazy life  

Posted

Okay you know that if something is going to happen it is going to happen to us and now especially when T is gone.

While I was taking my sweet time in the commissary, a huge storm moved in and when I got to the front of the store it was raining cats and dogs. I made a mad dash and pulled my vehicle to the front for the bagger person to load. On the way home I was hearing reports of tornadoes in towns I wasn't quite sure where they were, but one mentioned a town about 13 miles South of my house. As I drove into Carthage I discovered the electricity was out and lots of limbs on the ground. I live about 2 miles out of town and in that two miles there were two trees down across the road. One was a full tree, one was at least half of the tree, this one was at my neighbors house. I came home to find only one big limb down and the trampoline moved about 15 feet and the grill was blown around the front deck to the side deck.

We were out of electricity till almost 11:00pm. As I was preparing for dinner (canned soup and raviolis) the kids were jumping on the trampoline and the dog was barking at something. I heard Dylan call him and then he told me he was barking at a snake. GREAT!!!!

I run outside and grab a shovel and we go snake hunting in the tall grass by the garage and find him. He is crawling away and so I poke at him with the shovel, and instead of crawling away faster he strikes at the shovel. Now I have to kill him, since he decided to be mean. Dylan get his pellet gun, (I have no faith that he can actually hit the thing) and fires two shots and hits him. I decide to mow a little of the grass before I pick him up and dispose of him, so during the mowing he disappears, finally I find him injured just a little ways away. Here are some pictures of our friend.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I hate snakes. Did he just have dinner? In the second shot he looks like he just ate something. Don't just love the country.

I would say you should have come over for dinner, but we had soup out of a can too... and my power was not out...

Post a Comment