Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Excitement on the Farm  

Posted

Last night while making my very intriguing list of interesting things about me DB was outside barking away at something. There have been lots of Deer roaming about so I assumed this was one also. I caught a glimpse of something out the window way out in the field. Again I assumed it was a deer. DB usually stays by the garage while scaring the vicious deer away, so when it sounded like his bark was getting further away I thought I should check it out. When I get outside a see another glimpse of the animal in the field and realize it isn't a deer maybe a dog. So I yell at Dylan to come help and I start running to where I think DB is. To get there I have to run thru thigh high wet grass (it rained alot yesterday) and as I clear the buildings and the trees I see the animal, it is a coyote. Like a good dog DB is coming to me and the coyote is following him. Great!!!! Finally he stops and Dylan gets out with the leash and also sees it. He watched us quite a while before turning and heading further out in the field. DB loves other dogs so I am shocked he was so willing to come to me when I yelled and whistled for him. The coyote seemed much more interested in him than DB did in the coyote.

This entry was posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment