Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

I wrote a letter  

Posted

I wrote an email to housing today and sent it to anyone that I had their email address, which included the top housing guy, the garrison commander and a few other folks at housing. It was not personal just addressed one issue I felt was a little crooked on their part and one of their policy's that I disagree with.

Most likely on the policy issue I will get the standard, sorry that is what works for us and no one else complains about it. But if no one ever says they don't like it, and goes along with it, because they don't want to make waves nothing ever will change.

And as for the other issue just letting the boss know about it makes me feel better. It may be perfectly okay for them to be doing what they did, but to me it just doesn't look or feel right.

Who knows when or if we will ever get offered a house on post. In the next few months Terry and I will have to come to a decision that is best for our family regarding where we will live for the next few years. It is one thing to do temporary housing for a year, I don't think I should live like this for 3 just waiting to get lucky. There are about 17 families behind me on the list, I am not the only discouraged person.

This has certainly taught me some lessons. I will be much smarter next time we have to choose a post, living arrangements and many other things.

And again I turn it all over to God and for the first time all summer I can honestly say " who cares about housing".

This entry was posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I'd love to see the letter! I hope it works. When we lived in APG the houseing office was a joke. I don't know if Molly ever dealt with them, but after I left they fired several people and encouraged retirement for the garrison commander. At least that was the way I heard it.

I heard that Ft. Polk has job openings... ;)

yea too bad Terry wasn't offered that job in Polk, maybe we could get housing there.

Post a Comment