Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Unfair  

Posted

UPDATE: They are giving him Emergency leave and he can still use his R&R.



Hey it is a miracle I am not complaining about something that has to do with me!!! I have a friend going thru a difficult health scare, she felt a lump in her throat this summer and after seeing the doctor they decided to take it out with half her Thyroid. Thursday she saw the doctor again and he gave her the news that it is cancer and she has to have the rest of the Thyroid removed and take radiation pills to kill any remaining bad things....

Her husband is deployed with Terry with the 10th Mountain Division and they have 4 kids 7, 5, and 2 year old twins. He was due to take his R&R in September, but in light of what is going on he has requested to take it immediately. Thus lies my complaint. I don't think he should have to use his R&R time to come home for this. I think they should grant him some Emergency leave. What bothers me the most is that I know they let some guys stay back with wives that were expecting in early June. One was a first child!!! I can complain about this because I had a child without my husband during his first deployment. He left when I was about 6 weeks pregnant and came home on R&R when Jason was 2 months old.

My point is I think a mother with 4 kids dealing with cancer is a little more serious than having a baby and I don't think it is fair for them to let some guys stay behind for one reason and then expect the rest of us to deal with things as serious as this by our selves.

P.S. I do realize that most service members don't want to rock the boat and want to make things easy and not to burden their counter parts, but sometimes someone (a superior) needs to step up and say hey lets do it this way.

This entry was posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

They actually did grant emergency leave and moved his mid-tour leave to January. We'll see when the time comes if he actually takes it... Thanks for sticking up for me though!

Okay I wrote too soon. Yea!!!!! I will kick his %^* if he doesn't take advantage of it.

Post a Comment