Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

I don't care who you are, that's funny  

Posted

Yesterday my day started out with my fancy car telling me my Left Front tire was low on air, it even gave me the pressure reading. Cool.... I was on such a tight time schedule that I considered not putting air in it. I figured that was a bad idea and thank goodness the Stewards here in Carthage has free air. Yea. So I filled it and off we went. When I got to the dealership I mentioned that it was low, could they just look at it. In my frustration with them, they didn't tell me anything and I didn't ask. As I was examining my receipt last night I read this line "Tire has nail close to the side wall, should have tire replaced" Well thanks for pointing that out to me....

This morning after I dropped Tyler off at VBS I decided to go to the MWR Auto craft place to see if they fixed flats. Yes, just pull it in and we'll fix it. YEA. I am thrilled they can do it. So I pull in and I tell they guy about the dealership telling me about the nail. I guess they can fix it without taking off the tire so he starts looking at the tire and spraying something on it to find the leak. Can't find anything, so he starts taking it off, after he gets the lug nuts off he bangs it with this mallet, thinking it was stuck to the axle. He bangs it a couple of times till he finally figures out he left one lug nut off. Ha Ha. He gets the tire all the way off when it dawns on me that the dealership rotated the tires....... Oh Crap I say. I tell him and we both have a great laugh. Is that a blonde moment or what?

He ended up taking off the Left rear and never did find the nail or the leak. He was extremly nice about the whole thing and said if it did lose air again to bring it back in.

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I don't even want to get started on car dealerships....what a joke! Like real estate agents, they drop you like a rock once the commission check clears. And if they didn't actually sell you the product, they look at you like you're speaking a foreign language.

Post a Comment