Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

car dealership  

Posted

I made an appointment with the local Chevy dealer to get the oil changed/tires rotated in the Tahoe thinking we were driving it to NM (more on that another day) so I shuffeled kids and got there right at my appointment time of 9:00am. Me not knowing anything about cars, asked if they could just peek at the brakes while they have the tires off rotating them. Sure they have time. Silly me never thought to ask how long that would take. They had told me the oil change and rotation would take about an hour. I added on another 1/2 hour for the brakes. About an hour and 15 minutes after I gave them the keys I thought I should go check and see how long it is going to be. She told me what they had done so far and that they had just started the breaks, well how long does that take, about 35 minutes per axel. I told her I didn't have time for it, I needed to leave please just finish the oil and put the tires back on. She went out and talked to the guy, came back and said he can finish the brakes about 35 minutes longer. This is at about 10:15am. At a little after 11:00 I go back in and ask if I can pay, well he doesn't have all the stuff in the computer. I proceeded to tell her how unhappy I was and that I told her I had to leave. At about 20 after 11:00 I finally was able to pay, I didn't actually drive off till 11:40 - 2 hours and 40 minutes after giving them the keys.

Now I have to write their service manager a little letter.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

I understand completely. Last year while I was in NM; I was backing up and the car throttle was "too fast". But it never did it again until just recently. Anyway, Dale took it in at 8AM; the found in the electronics that it told them that there were some errors but then he said they had to park the car outside "to cool it off." Now how do you cool off a car at 92 degrees and humidity for 4 hours. Anyway I called at 5Pm and then went by about 6:30 on my way home and NO CAR. I guess it is in the shop...but no phone call either....I understand your feelings. Love, Roberta

Post a Comment