Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

I feel blessed  

Posted

Things are going so well for us and I think it is important to stop and thank God for blessing us with such good fortune. The kids are all doing very well at school, even Jason seems to be enjoying going to school everyday. Work is going well for Terry, he isn't so busy that we never see him, he likes his boss and he feels things are going well for the upcoming deployment.

I am staying busy volunteering at the gift shop on post along with working towards my Financial Planning Certification. Today I attended a budgeting class and can see that there is a real need for help for these young soldiers with families and not alot of money. For the most part I will be doing most of my work on a volunteer basis, (I might get lucky and get paid for a few hours this fall) but I really feel that if I can help one family get their finances in order, I have achieved something. Someone asked me the other day what I was doing with all my free time now that all the kids are in school, I think I am as busy or more now between kids, volunteering, occasional housework, occasional pedicures. I am also meeting tons of new people, and I feel like I am now part of Fort Drum. I can go to almost any meeting, or event and know people. What a great feeling that is. I am so lucky.

Dylan has stuck with his football in spike of the bruises and pain of being knocked on his a&& and his first scrimmage is tomorrow. I am anxious to see him on the field. He has now decided he wants to play on an indoor soccer league, so there goes the rest of our Saturdays till Terry leaves. Dylan is also still involved with boy scouts even though it has taken a backseat to football.

Tyler is busy with soccer 3 nights a week on Fort Drum. Even though he will never be the star, he seems to be having a great time and learning teamwork.

Jason loves having Daddy home, and he and Tyler have formed a new friendship, since Dylan is never around. Next year will be even busier with he and Tyler playing soccer and Dylan doing whatever he wants to do next year.

This entry was posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I'm getting a chuckle out of your typo: "if I can help one family get their fiances in order...".

Ahhh, if only we could all get our fiances in order, they wouldn't be such work once they become spouses! ;)

Gosh wonder if my fingers were trying to tell me something when I typed that. Fix the problem before it starts/

Post a Comment