Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

 

Posted

Kids all survived the first day of school. Jason seemed to have a great day, he talked about going to gym in the huge room, he enjoyed lunch and fell asleep on the way home. Tyler got to go to PE, and got to go outside and he knows several people in his class. Dylan got home at six, almost a full 12 hours after leaving. He said it was a bit chaotic until he found his first class - advanced reading and then after that he had a schedule in his hands and was fine. He didn't get to practice football as I had failed to fill out the back of one of his sheets, one that I turned in last week. Too bad they didn't let us know ahead of time. I guess I wasn't the only one that missed the backside of the sheet as he said several people sat out with him. There is a bus at 5:00pm that brings them home.

I was a bit lonely right after they all left yesterday realizing it would be like this for the next 13 years. No more babies... I had my first web class for Financial Counselor program. Very informative. Next week I will start all my volunteering so that should keep me from getting too lonely. Today I have brunch with friends, tomorrow I volunteer for 3BCT Blood Drive. There is always something to do....

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment