Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

 

Posted

Since Terry is gone I had to drag the boys on my weekly Construction photo trip. The good news is they are making progress and the even better news is the first picture is a 4 bedroom (you can tell because of the upstairs part over the patio, in the three bedroom the upstairs does not extend over the patio).

In other really good news, my wood furnace is working like a charm. Since we have started using it almost a month now, we have barely used any propane at all. I get so excited going to check the propane and seeing that it hasn't moved at all, we still have well over 100 gallons, which I hope holds us till we move. If we stay on top of the wood furnace it might work.

I missed Terry's call today, but he will be starting his return trip tomorrow (or I should say when he wakes up). We have figured out that he will be 9.5 hours ahead of us.

Today in Church the Priest that deployed with 1st Brigade helped Father celebrate mass. At the end of mass Father Jonathan welcomed him back and he said a few words and including that he kept a journal and took lots of photos and would be willing to share them with anyone. He said he would share the good and the bad. He then talked about that his brother must be deploying soon or already has and he got choked up talking about his mother and asked us to pray for her. I think I can safely say that we were all a little choked up after that.

I do believe we make huge sacrifices for our country, but I also believe very strongly in what they are doing, and from day one this is why Terry signed on the doted line 22 years ago. I am incredibly proud of him and anyone in uniform that serves along side of him. I honestly want to go up and thank every soldier in uniform at the airport.






This entry was posted on Sunday, November 09, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment