Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

One Day at a time  

Posted

The day after Terry left I decided to take down the Christmas stuff and rearrange the stuff in the basement...just in case of a flood. Not 24 hours after doing that the basement did flood. With all the rain and warm weather the ground was just saturated so it comes in the basement....I wasn't feeling well at all Sunday (the day of the great flood) but between the little kids vacuuming up water and Dylan and I hauling it outside we got lots out of the basement. I was overwhelmed, not feeling good and tired as could be and it was only day 2 of the deployment. I checked the basement before going to bed to discovered the water was back at the level where we had started..oh well it has to freeze again right?

Monday I wake up to Tyler yelling at me around 6:00am throwing up...he was sick as a dog all day. The water did go down and there is only a little that we will have to vacuumed up tomorrow. I also decide that our outdoor furnace is low on water and before Terry had left we discussed how we might put more in, he said there is a cap on top where he had to add some solution back in the fall, he thought I could add water there. So with Dylan in tow I climb on a ladder and add 2 quarts of water, no change, then a gallon and 2 quarts, no change. Finally I get on the phone with the guy that installed it and he tells me turn on the pressure valve down by the boiler and that will fill it....He might as well have been speaking French because when I get down in the basement there are about a million valves. So I call another number he gave me to someone here in Carthage who sounds about 18 and he starts trying to help me over the phone. Again he is speaking French and I am speaking Russian, but he is able to direct me to the right valve and I get it turned on and it fills the tank...
We had incredible high winds here on Sunday, about 30 minutes North of here on the bridge going to Canada they recorded 75 miles per hour gusts.. Here at the house at some point the wind got under the trampoline and blew it down the field.... I will have Dylan hike to it to take a photo. FYI the trampoline belongs to the owner of the house not us.


So with Day 3 under our belts I am again positive and sure that we can do this...be sure to check back for more deployment adventures.

Did I mention it is snowing again?

This entry was posted on Monday, December 29, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Oh Kellee,

Lots of hugs from here down in Alabama!!! Sure you don't want to come camp out at our house until the deployment is over? No basement to flood :)
Take care!
Love,
Julie, Duane, Ginny & Sarabeth

My Mom keeps saying she is going to come get me....ha ha. Your girls would never be the same after a little time with the Clark boys. I keep thinking maybe enduring Fort Drum will get us back to Carson so we can start planning for retirement...wishful thinking.

It's got to be smooth sailing from here on out! We also have no basements here at the Center of the Universe, so you're welcome down here anytime!!!!

Post a Comment