Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Today's the day  

Posted

We had a wonderful Christmas day....the power went out on Christmas eve around 11:00PM or so due to incredible high winds. The wind gusts were so bad that the house shook and I was waiting for the roof to just fly off. In the morning we found a few things moved, but damaged the most was a pretty new basketball goal that the owners had put in to cement, yesterday it was bent over backward...amazing!!!

Terry and I took advantage of the good weather on Christmas to move part of the 4 cords of wood that were dumped on the driveway and had been snowed on and rained on a few times.

The boys were thrilled with all their stuff. Santa brought the family Rock Band for Wii and a Nerf game for Wii. I haven't played the Nerf game yet, but the boys love it and Rock Band is too much fun!!!

After a nice dinner we talked to family and played a bit and then Terry started packing. We talked about Terry leaving right after Christmas so I think yesterday during dinner I mentioned that we would have to take Daddy to work today so that he could go to Afghanistan. Once or twice Tyler has said he will miss Daddy, Jason hasn't ever really said anything. Last night as I was taking them to bed...Jason asks Terry "Are you going to be here in the morning?". So...today we start the clock...he should be home no later than January 15 2010.

This entry was posted on Friday, December 26, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

That makes me so sad. I am crying! I'm sorry you guys are doing this AGAIN and that it sounds so far away. 2010! CRAP!

I'm so sorry Kellee. I'm glad he was home to have Christmas with you. It will go "fast" and I know you can handle this, as well as anything that comes your way.

I was praying for you guys all night. I'm so sorry this is happening right after Christmas. I'm here if you need to talk :) Love you all!

Post a Comment