Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

The tough week has started  

Posted

As much as we were all dreading this week...it is now here and we have to deal with it and face it and get it over with. I am proud of my parents...they took a trip to Reno to visit with my mom's nieces...that is where they were last year when the accident happened..

I feel so extremely lucky that Terry was here last year, I feel bad for him that he had to be the one to tell me...but he was also my rock for getting me thru the days leading up to the funeral...

One day at a time, one breath at a time...and we'll all make it just fine and Kirk will look down at us and smile to know that we are all still going and the cows are still calving, the horses are still running, the kids are still playing.

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Thinking of you . . . hope you are able to enjoy some great memories today!

You know sometime you listen to people that have lost someone dear to them and as time goes on they speak of them less often. Kellee, you amaze me and your love for your dear Kirk is obvious. I feel in some way that I know who he might have been. I can see him in your memories and posts with pictures. A cowboy on his horse, a vision at sunset. I know you loved him and I want you to know that he is lucky to have had someone that cared so deeply for him. I hope that you always find a smile on your face from him and his memory. He will always be with you. Yes, I believe that..

Post a Comment