Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Nothing like the smell of Daddy  

Posted

Dylan had a boyscout camp out at one of the leaders backyards last night..Yesterday when we were gathering stuff he started looking for one of Dad's old Army backpacks, he went downstairs to the basement to look thru some of Dad's stuff. He came back upstairs and said "I can't find one, but I found a box of his stuff and it smells like Daddy" I of course got excited and said "really, it smells like him" and he said yes, come down and smell it. So off we went downstairs to the basement for me to smell Daddy's stuff and yes it did smell like Daddy.

Some people might not understand the pure joy of smelling the scent of your deployed loved one. And I am beyond thrilled that Dylan recognized it and told me, my kids continue to amaze me with their strength and resilience.

The good news is that we have made it thru 3 months, only about 9 more to go.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Glad to know I am not the only one who does that . . . over four years later I still have stuff that smells like Sean! Oh the memories that come back . . . how is your house coming along?

That's so sweet that Dylan recognized what he was sensing!Willem and I both wear John's old T-shirts to bed quite often... The ones that keep his smell even after many washings. I think that's why the kids like his pillow also.

I am so thrilled that Dylan scensed it and also told you about it. Bless all of you, Roberta

Post a Comment