Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Housing and stuff  

Posted





On Thursday I decided it was time for my monthly check in with housing. No new news...May. They have no news from contractor which houses will be released, or how many or when. A few facts I did find out. They will release them without the back yard fences up....I guess the fencing company has to finish any they didn't complete last fall before the freeze. I don't even know how long it won't have a fence. This is bad news for me since we have DB trained to just let outside and be happy here on the farm. I am almost hoping it is in May due to that inconvenience...
They also will not spray the grass seed down till after Memorial day...due to it could frost or freeze again. Gotta love Upstate NY. So not only will they not have a fenced back yard, but it will be dirt/mud. GREAT!! Dang am I complaining.....Nah...just expressing some concerns.

In other great news we have a couple of inches of snow on the ground...it has been blowing and snowing all day...had it been colder we would probably have several more inches on the ground instead of the 1 or 2 that we do have.

My Tahoe let me down again today...stopped at the commissary with the kids, Dylan stayed in the car while the rest of us ran in for a few things. When I tried to start it NOTHING happened. Thank goodness a friends husband is home and he was able to come jump it. And like that isn't good enough for a deployment story our other vehicle Terry's Toyota pickup had a bit of a problem this week also. Tuesday before Yoga I went to dump a couple of bags of trash in a dumpster and when I went to move it over to the gym it wouldn't shift out of park...WHAT the heck is going on. Had to have it towed to the dealership where they discovered the after market hitch wiring had gone bad causing my brake lights to go out. Vehicle will not shift out of park when your brake lights don't work. So having one car go bad is bad but having them both go bad in the same week just sucks..

How many months are we into this deployment?

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 04, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment