Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

I saw Terry today on a VTC  

Posted

Today Col Haight had a VTC (Video Tele Conference) with all the spouses here at Drum. We were able to ask questions. I honestly can't tell you what he said for the most part. He did say that all the soldiers in 3 BCT were doing an outstanding job. He was honest in saying that it wasn't fun, it isn't easy and they would much rather be home with family. One more thing that he did say was that the MRAP vehicle that you probably have heard about, is worth every dime that it costs...they have had several of those involved in incidents where the vehicle was basically destroyed and the people inside walked away. If you ever have a chance to tell people about it please do...it is saving lives.

How it worked was there was a camera (probably on a laptop) pointed at Col Haight, CSM Byers and Col Peterson. On their laptop they could see the microphones where we could ask questions...eventually they started using a camera to pan out over the spouses that were present.

I asked Col Haight about Family VTC, which he had sort of covered before but he had the tech guy explain a little about how they were going to set it up so that families could get 15 minutes to talk to their spouse. It will be a few more months. I then told Col Haight and Col Peterson to tell my husband the next time they saw him that I loved and missed him. After the tech guy explained the process, Col Haight sent him to find Terry and brought him in, he had been working out so he was in his PT clothes...I of course started crying and I am not sure I even said anything to Terry....but it was great to see him and made me miss him all the more. It has been a little over 14 weeks since he left and this is the first time I have seen him other than in pictures...what a difference that makes...

So today I am on cloud nine!

MRAP

This entry was posted on Monday, April 06, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Kellee, I am sooooo happy for you. God Bless. Terry's mom

Kellee,
I'm so glad you got to see him! Amazing what a difference a little glimpse can make. I hope they get the family VTCs figured out soon for you guys.
Megan

Outstanding!! Great to hear that they have the equipment they need. God Bless you and hang in there. Lots of hugs....

Post a Comment