Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

What's new  

Posted



I had a birthday....I am now 42, holy cow I remember when that was old, I am not old...

Terry, the boys and my Drum friends made the day special. I had mentioned to Terry that I saw a purse at the px that I liked, even took a picture with my phone and sent it to him (don't you just love technology) and he was able to call the px here at Drum from Afghanistan and buy the purse, then he told Dylan how to go get it. Wasn't that nice!!!


The boys made a cake and decorated it. I think they did a great job. They also bought me earrings that I had been eyeing at the Gift Shop where I volunteer.

A few of my friends decided to take me out to Texas Roadhouse the evening of my birthday and as always it was filled with fun and laughter.

I feel so blessed and never once felt sorry for myself the whole day that Terry wasn't here.

Lots of activities over the next couple of weeks, but most importantly Tyler makes his 1st Communion on May 2nd. My parents are coming on Wednesday and staying a couple of weeks. In a perfect world I would have moved and they would be helping me unpack, but we all know I don't live in a perfect world.

We will hit the 4 month mark this next week for Terry being gone...good that means only around 8 to go...

10th Mtn Division is coming back over the next month from Iraq, and of course I have mixed feelings as Terry did deploy with them last May. I am thrilled for the families as their "year" is over, I am just saddened realizing we are only a quarter of the way thru ours...that is how it is here, someone is always leaving and someone is always coming home.

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 23, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Happy belated Birthday! Hey, maybe house will be ready and your parents can help you move but you know they will call the day after they leave! How is your house coming along?

Heidi

Thanks for the birthday wishes...I at least would like to show them the new house as I am not sure they will be back up this way before we move again...
Last time I emailed housing they said mid May, but I am sure that if I emailed again it would be June....

Post a Comment