Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

 

Posted

Someone I know from our days at Ft. Carson lost her mother this week when someone ran a red light and hit her car. As soon as I read about it on Facebook, my own heart skipped a beat and I felt the same pain/shock as the day I heard about Kirk...

There are no words that can make this person feel better, all you can say is that you care and you are praying for them, and that means the world.

Losing someone is devastating...but losing them suddenly, accidentally brings a whole new dimension to the devastation. There is no time to say good bye...there is no time to come to terms with it...there is no time to adjust to life without them. It is sudden and quite simply takes your breath away, and you have to remember to breath.

Even after almost 2 years I find myself thinking of Kirk, and then suddenly my breath changes and I remember he is gone...

This entry was posted on Sunday, December 06, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment