Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

 

Posted

Our lives changed on May 18th. The war hit close to home. Two of our neighbors were killed in Afghanistan after a suicide vehicle hit their convoy. In a blink of an eye two families lives were changed forever. One of the soldiers killed was stationed with us in Fort Carson with us back in 1996. We were thrilled when we heard they were coming to Drum and enjoyed reconnecting with them. They invited the kids and I over for Christmas dinner and I remember Tom's prayer. He talked about that Terry would be home soon and thanked God for taking care of him during the deployment. I saw Tom shortly before he left for Afghanistan and my memory of him is this smile he had while listening to Terry and I banter back and forth.

Due to the tragedy I have been learning alot about the survival benefits, and am compelled to learn more. After 19 years of being a spouse I knew nothing about the benefits and I am sure not many other spouses do. None of us want to think of the what if, but I would strongly suggest you try to make a plan now.

This entry was posted on Saturday, June 12, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Sorry to hear about your neighobrs. I too have had to learn all about those 'benefits'. They have come a long way and the changes have been nice but it still amazes me that so many have no clue . . . tons of misinformation given to the families too. If you have any questions feel free to email me . . .

Post a Comment