Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Welcome Home 1st Brigade  

Posted

You can't help but notice the WELCOME HOME banners hung near the airfield. And driving thru the neighborhoods you will see signs that say WELCOME HOME DADDY, WELCOME HOME MY HERO. I tear up every time I see a sign. Yesterday at lunch Terry asked me if I had seen all the signs and just talking about it made me want to cry. I am so happy for those families. They are true American Heros, their loved ones have been gone for 15 months.... That is a long time. I say this time after time, deployments suck for everyone. Every time you think you have it bad, you hear a story of someone that might just have it a little (or alot) worse than you. It doesn't matter how many kids you have, how old your kids are, or what your rank is it is hard on everyone.

Welcome home 1st Brigade, job well done by both soldiers and families.

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I support your comments, Kellee! It sure doesn't make any difference how old they are...I am proud of my sons, their wives who live through this and their children. I rode in a parade for our 50th class reunion and wore a "red sweater that has the yellow, red and blue ribbon on the front that also has in the weaving Support Our Troops". From one proud mom

I can't even imagine a 15-month deployment....

Post a Comment