Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Giving up Facebook for Lent  

Posted

I am not afraid to say it...I am addicted to Facebook. We all get on there post what we are doing that minute and then read the funny comments that all our friends post about what we are doing. It is real time, you can let 200 people know what your new duty station is in about 5 seconds...not that 200 need to know or even care where I live.

The great thing about it is I have reconnected with Friends from all of our last duty stations...some of these people I wasn't close to but it was great to see where they had ended up...if they were still in the Army and how many kids they have. My current friends here in Drum us it as an invitation tool...want to get together for a drink...put it on facebook.

So when thinking about Lent this year I was leaning towards my usually no alcohol for the 40 days which i have done successfully for the past two years. I then thought about what was the one thing I was really into..that I could spend alot of time on...FACEBOOK..so I gave it up. I have posted a picture from my camera onto FB but I didn't have to log in to do that...I also posted this article from Fox news there today. Again i didn't look or read anything (I promise).

Thou Shalt Not Text Until Easter, Italians Told

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

See how easy it is to blog when you're not on Facebook! Although you've been much better about keeping it up than most of us since we started FB...

Post a Comment