Time and Temperature in Afghanistan

Task Force Spartan

Thoughts  

Posted

I know I keep posting the picture of the red house...doesn't mean I will get that one. What I assume will happen and of course I may get all these answers Friday at the very important FGO Housing Open House...I am assuming the ones that are being sided first are the first ones they will finish...and will be offered as they are finished...so depending on the status of the one person ahead of me that does not have a hold of some sort on his name. And the two people ahead of me with holds on their names can come off any time they damn well please...so in all honesty I have no idea what house I will be offered.....

We are having a bit of a cold snap while people in NYC are getting a foot of snow or is that in Boston...oh well at least it isn't here. We haven't had any to speak of for a couple of weeks. But it is very cold the high today is in the teens...overnight below 0 and then a slow warm up and maybe hit the 40's by the weekend. I can't tell you how happy it makes me when it hits 40. I used to think people were exaggerating when they talked about getting out the BBQ when the temp gets above 40...it is so true, it actually feels warm when it is 40.

I have to send out a big Thanks to a few close friends that got me thru the week of the Anniversary of Kirk's accident. With their kind words and actions they made it much easier. I have been blessed with meeting people here that go above and beyond the call of duty to help out. And thanks to all the people not here that sent their thoughts to us. Trust me on this one you want to hear that people are thinking of you during a rough time, so don't be afraid to write a note that simply says "I am thinking about you". This small effort means the world.

Jason has his first loose tooth. The boy turned 5 at the end of November and already has a loose tooth. He is so excited. Tyler is also going to lose another one soon.

I am worried we might have a skunk near by. A couple of nights ago I let DB out and a few minutes later he was barking. I go out to check on him and smell skunk...I have him come in (he wasn't sprayed) but I don't know where the skunk was. Tyler says that when you start seeing ground hogs and smelling skunks that means it is Spring...and to think I thought Daffodils meant Spring was here. Also the maple sap is starting to move in our maple trees...there are maple icicles coming off of it.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment